Monday, August 8, 2016

Things That Annoy Me #1

As anyone with a modicum of intelligence knows, the acronym “O.C.D.” represents the term “obsessive compulsive disorder,” key word being “disorder.” So, whenever anyone trying to be cute giggles and says, “Oh, I’m a little O.C.D. about that,” I can’t help but groan, roll my eyes, and grind my teeth. When you deconstruct the sentence, it breaks down to: “I’m a little obsessive compulsive disorder about that.”

This might be an obvious inquiry, but how can a person be a disorder? Wouldn’t a more appropriate statement be something along the lines of: “I’m a little obsessive compulsive,” or “I have a slight case of O.C.D.?”

Even better, how about not saying it at all  (unless, of course, you actually suffer from O.C.D.)? Better still, try thinking before you speak, people. A moment of thought before speech can make a world of difference. If only someone could pass this on to Donald Trump...

No comments: