Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Coffee at Midnight


I’m pleased to announce the release of my brand new collection, Coffee at Midnight. For those of you who’ve read my previous works, you’ll notice I’ve made a slight departure with this book, as the stories inside don’t necessarily deal with the darker side of human nature. Don’t worry, I’m not taking a permanent vacation from the macabre, but I do find myself with ideas for stories that don’t fit within the horror realm and a lot of the time, I don’t know what to do with them. So, I decided to take some of my favorites and compile them into a nice little collection that I hope readers will enjoy. Here’s the synopsis:

The clock strikes 12:00. A full moon hangs beyond the windowpane as the fireplace flickers and pops. Time to curl up in your favorite easy chair with a steaming mug and a cozy blanket. It’s going to be a long night.

Follow a bevy of buxom ex-call girls as they embark on a cross-country road trip and happen upon a crashed UFO. Join a trio of friends as they assemble for a rooftop barbecue and share their darkest secrets. Watch as an intoxicated bridesmaid stumbles her way through a crowded wedding reception to give an impromptu toast, but instead bears her soul. Listen in on a heated telephone conversation between a jealous boyfriend and his coed girlfriend as she shares a strange story concerning a bizarre favor.

Between the covers of this unusual collection, you’ll find these stories and many more, all guaranteed to tempt, tantalize, titillate the senses. In Brandon Ford’s Coffee at Midnight, you’ll experience a grab bag of ooddball situations and meet an array of quirky characters. So make sure the coffee’s strong, the fire’s warm, and the blanket’s soft. This’ll be a night you won’t soon forget.

Coffee at Midnight is available on Amazon in paperback and Kindle editions, as well as Smashwords in a variety of ebook formats (you can also download an extended sample here, absolutely free).

No comments: